Thursday, February 28, 2013

IYR Overview

I'm sitting down to write at this moment not because I have something I've been dying to write about, but rather, because I've made a commitment to myself (and to you!) to write more!  I'm working on become more faithful to the things I've committed myself to.
One of the other things that I've committed myself to is a new program at Mercy House in Meadville, Pa called "Imagine You Renewed."  I mentioned a few posts back about being challenged to feel things and just sit with pain for a while.  That challenge stemmed from our weekly podcast last week.
I have a lot of goals I hope to accomplish with "Imagine You Renewed."  Some of them are practical and simple, like taking some time to focus on me and my health again.  Using this period of time where I do not have a job, and I only have one child in the house most days to really care for myself.  Some of them are more spiritual.  I have come a long way in my regular spiritual disciplines, but, I LONG for more.  I desire to feel God directing me more often.  I want to feel more confident about what the Bible says.  I want to not worry about life as much as I do, and I really want to feel more comfortable about what happens after death. And, I really, REALLY want to grow my prayer life more.  I'm struggling in this area.  And I know prayer is an area I'm gifted in naturally, which means that this ends up being one of the areas I struggle with consistency the most!  And, of course, another main goal is physical.  I want to be more in shape and lose more weight.
The program include a group therapy-like session and 2 exercise classes a week.  
I'm part of a team of four other ladies.  I do not know any of them outside of IYR, so it's challenging.  However, I'm committed to helping them be accountable. I want to find ways to connect with them outside of group, which makes me a little uncomfortable, but I'm willing to do it!  I actually want to be a really good example for them, because I've got tons of experience with true accountability and encouragement!
I'm sure I'll be referencing Imagine You Renewed off and on over the next couple of months, so I thought I would just share a little bit about it with you.

I really like interactive blogs, and as I mentioned before, I really want to practice my spiritual discipline of prayer, so I would like to know from my readers if there is anything I can pray for you about.  You can share it on my comments section, or you can email me at sarah83humes@gmail.com.  I like that you take the time to read what's going on with me, and I would like to do the same for you. :O)

1 comment: