Tuesday, August 27, 2013

8:01 am

The time is 7:55am.
At 8:00 the phone lines will open for my doctors office.  I will call and hear the news.
Something came back wrong with my blood work.
I got the message last night about 4 minutes after Deb, the nurse, left for the day.
So, I've been waiting.
For hours.
Wondering.  Anxious.  Trying to rest in God's peace.
I've prayed.
I've hoped.
I've tried positive thinking.
I've prayed more.
I've had my friends pray.
And I've had David pray.

This morning I had a stroke of genius, and I opened God's word.  (I know?!?)
Deuteronomy 31:8 "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you;  he will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

God's already there.  He knows what the phone call is about.  He knew what my lab results would be.  I need to let go of my anxiousness and know that God commands me to not be afraid or discouraged.  Time to cling to the Word of God in all it's amazing power.

Oh, it's now 8:01am.

1 comment:

  1. Praising God. Apparently, when you do blood work without an immediate appointment afterwards, they call you! I've never been in that circumstance before. My blood work was fine! I'm so grateful! :)

    ReplyDelete