Monday, October 13, 2014

Little Birdies

Today, we are celebrating my 150th Blog Post!  Yay!  Thank you for journeying with me!  

To celebrate I am taking on a five day blog project.  Each day I'm going to take a picture of something in my house, and tell you the story behind it.  I share a lot about my life, but there is still so much to tell you.  :)

Today's item is a little one that is probably overlooked by everyone else that comes in to my home.  Honestly, I don't even know if David even notices it.  But I do. It sits right about my kitchen sink...and always has in the three houses we've lived in since were were married.  




Mr. Bluebird.  He was a gift from our dear friend Erin when David and I wed.  He's simple, beautiful, and classic.  And, because of the wedded bliss promised from a legend about bluebirds---he's always been a symbol of my love for my husband and our life together.  

My marriage is  a priority for me, and this little fella reminds me of that daily! 

So a couple of follow up questions---if you have been to my home, have you ever noticed this little birdie?  And, what do YOU have in YOUR home that reminds you of your priorities?

5 comments:

  1. That's lovely Sarah! I have not noticed your little friend before, but I'll be on the lookout for him now! Honestly, I can't think of a single thing like your bluebird that is a 'symbol' however I do look upon the faces in the photographs that line my walls and they always remind me of my blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed it. :) I have seen birds like this before and love them. I would say pictures and sayings around my home are my reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not noticed your bird -- probably because you are such a gracious host I rarely seem to make it into the kitchen because you have everything set up before I get there. I'm going to need to start dropping in unannounced more often... lol As far reminders of my marriage, we have a framed copy of our wedding invitation hanging in the living room. I love to pause and admire it every now and then, and think about how far Brian and I have traveled since that day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been in your house, Sarah, but I see you often at family gatherings. I have a plaque on a wall in my living room that states "FAMILY". Underneath this word is states "All Because Two People Fell In Love". Under the plaque is a picture of Art and me (and Kelley) and all is surrounded by many pictures of my family. I feel peace and comfort everytime I look at the wall. Oh, and, I have several glass bluebirds in my upstairs bathroom.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have noticed it before, but only for two reasons, 1. I have stood in front of your kitchen sink many times, and never mind being there. 2. I used to have one, and I don't know what happened to it, as it is probably still packed from the move and that is the only time I wonder where mine went. Right now, we don't have much hanging in the house, but I will keep this in mind when we get to the decorating part of where we live.

    ReplyDelete