Friday, June 8, 2012

Pants fall down and my praises go up!

Ah, I'm down to under 48 hours for my final weigh in for my bootcamp!  This morning, I woke up, after basically crying myself to sleep last night, not in the greatest mood.
Despite wrapping up bootcamp, and being on stay-cation from work, I still feel completely overwhelmed.  I feel badly even feeling overwhelmed, since God is working details out in every area of my life...from weightloss...to finances...to teaching me about saying 'no."  But, you know, our emotions are what they are, and it should come as no shock that I'm a bit raw right now.
Anyways, that was a bit of a digression...
So, this morning, I woke up with my nose still stuffy, and my eyes still burning from my tear-filled sleep.  And, I just knew, that despite how I felt I needed to pick up the Bible and read.  
Here's what I think is awesome about God's word.  Sometimes you need to read 3 or 4 chapters to understand what God is trying to teach you for the day...but then other times, all you have to do it look down and BOOM!  There it is!  One sentence...it wasn't even a full verse...but it was the truth I needed spoken into my life for today.


"Get up and pray.  Otherwise temptation will overpower you."  Luke 22:46b.  God knew about how I've been fretting over my desired "309."  He knew how much I've been longing for a s'more.  He knew how badly I wanted to stay in bed today.  But, instead, through His word, He told me to get up and pray!   Now, as of yet, I haven't spent a significant amount of time in prayer...but I've been whispering quick breaths of prayer to help me stay strong.  "Please, help me enjoy these carrots I'm eating for breakfast...Please, help me bike this last mile...please send encouragement my way Lord."  Little prayers, said through huffs and puffs of exercise, or groaning as I move on to my next task of the day...


So, the Lord has sustained me today.  
And for the last 26 days.
And really for the last 29 years.


I think, maybe, just maybe, this was the BIG lesson I am going to take away from boot camp.  The Lord sustains us.  He keeps us strong when there is no other way.  It's a really amazing thing when you think about it.  There's no way I would have been successful at Garry and Debbie's wedding without the Lord.  I do not know anyone who could resist Debbie's amazing dishes without help from the Lord!  I know there is no way I can bike 15 miles on my recumbent bike (especially after a bootcamp workout!) without the Lord's help.  I know that without the prayers Missy and I prayed last Thursday that biking Ernst trail probably would have been a disaster!  


So, I'm so grateful for the Lord walking beside me each step of the way!


I've said it once...and I'll say it again...I HAVE NO IDEA HOW PEOPLE DO BOOT CAMP WITHOUT GOD'S HELP! :)


Well, to close this post out, I just want to share one awesome thing that happened today.  Today is my last day to work out before my big weigh in!  I need to take tomorrow off so I am not retaining any water in my legs from heavy workouts.  So, anyways, I'm planning on doing  15 miles on my bike today.  I broke them up into two 7.5 mile segments so that I can keep my metabolism revved up today.  But, I thought for a warm up, I would do a workout tape that does some light lifting and cardio mixed.  So, I was really going at this workout, doing shoulder presses, and all of the sudden I realized that my pants were down around my ankles!!!  I thought they may fall off Tuesday when I was working out, but they stayed put, so I figured I was good to go today.  I was wrong!  And here's the best part...I was so determined to get a full set of shoulder presses in, I kept working out until I finished my set! So, there my pants were, at my ankles, and I was just busting those presses out!  I'm sure it was a sight to see, and I'm thankful that no one except Lydia came into my room while I was working out.  I'm also thankful that our DVD player broke and I had to work out in my bedroom, because who knows what could have been seen through our downstairs windows! HAHAHA!


I'll probably check in on Sunday or Monday after my weigh in to let you know about my final results.  As always, thanks for reading.  I love reading your comments, so if you've been toying with leaving a comment, please do!  

3 comments:

  1. LOVED this blog today!! Congrats on loose pants! You are doing so awesome and are a true inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally picture you working out with your pants around your ankles. I'm pretty sure that it is things like that that make us best friends. I'm so proud of you and like Dina said you are an inspiration to many people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's determination Sarah! Of course would have probably done the same thing! Finish that set first! Praise God for that verse be gave you when you woke up, what a blessed way to start the day, get up and pray! That should be our focus everyday when we get up! Keep up the faith Sarah you can do it, "for when I am weak, HE is strong!"

    ReplyDelete