Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"13"

Ah, Wednesday!  My Wednesday Attitude of Gratitude.
While sometimes I forget to post a blog on Wednesday, I always love how Wednesday make me smile as they are a natural reminder to be grateful.
What do you use a reminder to give thanks to God?
Do you remember when you sit down to thank the Lord for your food?  Or maybe you remember on church on Sunday as you pray for others around you who are hurting?  Perhaps you send a letters to your friends thanking them for being who they are.
Or, maybe, you forget to thank God and others at all.  If that's you, never fear.  Today's a great day to start giving thanks where it's due!
Today, while I write a few praises down here to share with you, I encourage you to get a marker, a pen, a piece of chalk, or a keyboard in your hands and write some things you are thankful for!  Today is November 13th, so I will list 13 things today.
1.  I'm thankful for the calling God has placed on my life to write this book.
2.  I'm thankful that I have at least one person praying for me each day of the month of November while I embark on my writing journey.
3.  I love my Bible study that I go to on Wednesdays.  It was hard paring down my three Bible studies to one, but I know God has me at this one for a specific reason.
4.  I love every time the phone rings and my parents on are the line.  I adore my parents and they are such a blessing to me.
5.  I enjoy listening to instrumental worship music while I write, so I'm thankful that God gifted people with that talent.
6.  As I was driving to Bible study this morning, I passed through all kinds of "snow tunnels."  I love it when the trees are all covered with thick snow and you can pretend you are entering Narnia as you go underneath the trees.
7.  Lately, my kids have been cuddling with me more.  I love every second of it.
8.  I'm thankful for a husband who is growing in the Lord and I'm so proud of his commitment to overcoming sin and temptation and how he leads our family by example.
9.  I'm grateful for God's word and how it has carried me through seasons that no person could ever carry me.
10.  I'm thankful for many long time friends I've had.The relationships mold into different looking friendships over the years but they are special to me.  All my friendships are special, but the oldest ones are a special, treasured gift.
11.  I'm so thankful to hear that the weather will be perfect for hanging Christmas lights this Saturday.
12.  I love my writing group and how it inspires me to push towards what God created me for.
13.  I love serving God with my MOPS positions.  The two MOPS groups I belong to are very different from each other, but the vision is the same (Better Moms make a Better World), and the women are all near and dear to my heart.

So, I hope you enjoyed reading what I'm grateful for today!  And I hope you enjoy making a list of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment