Monday, November 4, 2013

Where Is My Hairbrush?

I keep forgetting to brush my hair.
It's only four days into National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo or Nano) and I have to keep actively reminding myself to do normal daily things things like eat and sleep and do my family's laundry, and, yes, brushing my hair.
I was not anticipating enjoying this challenge so much.  
I also was not anticipating being so humbled.

God is using the message of this book (based on Romans 12) to change my heart.  And God is also using the people who committed to pray for me each day to keep me moving along at a speed faster than I had anticipated.  It's so humbling to know that I could not accomplish what I'm doing without God leading me step by step.

Sometimes I let myself dream about what it may be like to actually have a publisher want to publish my book.  To have a book that I could sign for people at bookstores.  I think it would be awesome to be interviewed on Chris Fabry or Janet Parshall.  But, mostly I think about how amazing it would be to have something that started in my heart, flowed through my finger tips, and out on a blank screen possibly change someone's life someday.

I know those are big dreams.  But, I serve a big God.  And right now I feel like I'm right in the middle of something big.  Even if it's happening in my own little world.

Now, for some lighthearted fun Nano-facts:
  • Thanks to Nano, I now have wear glasses again.  The first day I wrote over 6,000 words.  I have a lazy eye and it could no longer focus, so I dug deep into our one closet and got my old pair of glasses on.  David also signed up for vision insurance that day.  I think we will need it!

  • Since Nano began, just a mere four days ago, I've accumulated about five backed up loads of laundry.  I did three this morning.  The rest will have to wait.

  • Writing makes me crave candy.  This must end.

  • I love chatting with all the other Pennsylvania writers that are doing Nano.  What a fun group of people, who have great ideas, and awesome tips to share.

  • My favorite way to write is in a sprint.  My average for a 10 minute sprint is about 400 words.  My personal record is 584. 

Now, to end with a challenge.  Get your timers out and open your word processor.  Type for 10 minutes about something that makes you happy!  Add some smiles to your Monday morning!    And, don't forget to share it with me, if you want to!  I love hearing what others are writing too!


No comments:

Post a Comment