Friday, January 17, 2014

My Liebster Acceptance Blog

A few days ago, I got a surprise from my friend Kristine (You can click here to read her blog!).  Kristine nominated me for an award called a Liebster award.  

I've heard of the Liebster before, and I've actually discovered several of the blogs in my reading list by following the links of Liebster nominations to other bloggers' homes.  However, to be nominated for one myself warms my heart and makes me feel like my writing really does matter.  Especially since Kristine just happens to be one of my favorite writers.  She has a unique style, a well polished vocabulary (something I'm continually working on) and a sense of humor that tickles my funny bone very often!  So, yeah, what an honor!

The Liebster Award does come with a few rules..and here they are: The rules are simple:  Answer ten questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.  Link to the blogger who offered you the award.  Then pick five blogs with less than 1,000 followers to nominate, and provide them with questions of their own to answer.   Easy, right? (BTW: If you google the award, there are several variations of what the rules and requirements are!)

Here are Kristine's questions for me.  And, of course, here are my answers too! 

1)  How did you pick your blog name?  I picked my blog name because I want to always be smiling, shining, and shrinking!  And I want Jesus to be my reason for all three!
2)  Why did you start your blog?  My blog popped out of no where.  The very first time I was doing Made to Crave, I was writing answers to the discussion questions and before I knew it, I was discovering so much about myself and my weightloss journey!  Writing a blog and sharing this part of my life just seemed to be the next natural step.
3)  Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to your teenage self?  It's okay.  You'll find true love.  And it's amazing!
4)  What are three things you cannot live without?  My Bible.  A toothbrush.  Showers.
5)  Of all the blog posts you have written, which one is your favorite?  (Link, please!) The Tea Party  This blog post just sums up how much motherhood means to me.  I love raising my children, and I remember how I felt as I was writing this post---flooded with love.
6)  Describe yourself in three words.  Passionate, Loving, Growing
7)  Who is your favorite author and why?  Okay, truth be told, I don't really have a favorite famous author.  I'm not just being an ear tickler when I say that my favorite authors are Kristine, Jackie, and Betsy.  They are the women in my writing group, and I just love hearing what they write.
8)  What single quality do you appreciate most in people?  Kindness.
9)  What is your favorite quote and by whom?  My favorite quote is, "I love you."  Whether it comes from my husband, my children, my parents, or other friends and other family, or whether it comes from me directed to them, I think those words are powerful and amazing.  
10)  What super power do you wish you had, and why?  A super power that would make people be decent to one another.  I wouldn't want everyone to agree, but just for people to respect others.

So, now I get to do the part that I've been waiting for.  I get to bestow my Liebster Award nominations on to five blogs that I read.  Please, take the time to check these blogs out.  
Two of these blogs I've just started following the last couple days, as a result of my Made to Crave Blog Hop, but I loved what I saw.  Most of them are newer blogs, but I still like what I read in them! I just love hearing about people, their challenges, passions, goals, and what they have to say about life.  

So, there it is!  My official Liebster acceptance blog! WOO HOO!  

4 comments:

  1. I realized that I forgot to post 10 questions, so if any of my nominations choose to accept the award, please use the same ten that Kristine asked me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! It's an honor! Do I do a post like this on my blog then? Not sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Just do a post like this and link to five blogs that you enjoy reading! Thanks for sharing your story with us Bri! :)

      Delete
  3. OMGosh, I am so thrilled and honored. Have never heard of this before but I will be adding this to my page within the next few day. Thank you so very much and I love your page as well. Thanks again!! Be blessed my sister!!

    ReplyDelete