Monday, January 6, 2014

Twoterville

This year, I had the unique opportunity to do something I've never done before.
I didn't have to start over.
As far as resolutions go, I did not say "I will start my diet over again."  Instead, I said, "I will continue on."
I weighed in on December 31st 2013 at 302 pounds.  At that point, it was the lowest I had ever weighed in my adult life.  (Well, there was a brief 24 hour period where I may have weighed less, but it was short lived and many, many moons ago).  It was pretty amazing going in to the New Year knowing I didn't have any extra baggage to lose to make progress in 2014.
And speaking of making progress, I just have to share, I have done just that!
This morning I weighed in at 299.4 pounds.  I started out at 360 pounds.  I've officially lost 60 pounds now!  And my weight starts with a 2 now!  (Back in my Weight Watcher days, we called that Twoterville!)
And, so that has made me even more committed to my goals for 2014.
My main weightloss goal is to keep working hard and shrinking.  But, more than that, I want to bring people along with me.  And not in the weight loss arena only.  I want people to grab ahold of the One who has made this journey possible for me.
I'm working with thousands of women across the country with a Proverbs 31 Bible Study called Made to Crave.  I've done it before, several times, and each time it changes my heart dramatically.  It pulls me closer to God and his love, so I don't have to try to feel comfort from a pack of oreos or chicken and biscuits.
So, I want to extend an invitation to you...If you desire to grow in God, or shrink in size, please join me on this journey!  It's amazing!  And through this journey I look forward to reporting all the milestones that are waiting for me up ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment