So many people my age have been lamenting the aging process. Many friends have literally spilled tears over the decade change. Not this girl! I'm embracing it! I know that each and every single day is a gift! And I wanted to celebrate turning 30 all year long.
At the beginning of the year, I started thinking of 30 things I would like to do. 30 mini-resolutions. Well, I figured since my birthday is in 3.5 weeks I better set my mind to officially composing the list and celebrating the things I have already accomplished in the first 100 days of the year.
Drum Roll Please....the unveiling of my 30 for 30 list!
2. 100 hours of exercise through out the year (I'm currently at 27)
3. Be below 300 pounds by 2014 (I'm at 324 right now)
4. Visit Lareina this year. (Because of financial and scheduling conflicts I have not been to visit my dear friend's home since January of 2012 and I have to say that her home is one of the places I love most on this earth. I love being with her, being completely me, cooking, feeling a little like Laura Ingalls on their small farm....it soothes me so much!)
6. Get a mani/pedi. (This was a goal that just came to me today as my friend Amanda was posting about how she was getting one today. I realized that I have never had a mani/pedi and what a great way to celebrate being 30!)
8. Going camping. (This was a goal last year, and we never accomplished it...this year, it's gonna happen!)
9. Visit a new place in Erie or Meadville.
10. Build an Adirondack chair with my daddy. (I miss doing projects with my dad. We laugh, we fight, we accomplish things together. I'm really looking forward to this one!)
11. Fast for a full 3 days. Pray for my future, how God wants to grow our family, how to be the best wife and mom that I can be. I'm looking forward to this spiritual retreat!
12. Bake a homemade cheesecake.
13. Read all my Trixie Belden books
14. Grow herbs.
15. Sew something.
16. Finally turn my bedroom into an oasis. (Every magazine article on organizing recommends this...)
17. Go an entire week without driving. (I.E. Learn to appreciate the simplicity of being at home. P.S. This is only allowed to be broken in the case of hospital emergencies!)
18. September scrimp and save (My friends Keith and Katie have done this for years. It will probably look a little different in our home than theirs, but the goal is to be frugal and have fun doing it!)
19. Learn how to effectively use coupons.
20. Save at least $500.00 this summer (in an actual savings account, for winter hard times. This does not include what we already plan on tucking away. This is above and beyond our preplanned winter goals)
21. Go an entire month without eating pizza. (Admission...slight pizza addiction here)
22. Help Cliff and Erin raise $500.00 for adopting their little boy Micah. (I want to adopt so bad, but we are in the "wait" stage here. And not waiting on a baby. Rather, waiting on God. So, in the lull, I want to help them. As a result I'm leading an effort called "Change for Micah" where many of my friends have committed to save their change for a month. I'm hoping all together that we can reach a goal of $500.00!)
23. Spend an entire day helping my mom with anything she needs help with. (I'm soooo excited about this one! She's spent a life time helping me and I just want to bless her.)
24. Go on a day trip to New Castle with my Gram. It's been a while since Gram and I have done this. 25. Plan the Date Night project for our church.
26. Memorize the books of the Bible, once and for all...I had them down...but then I forgot them...I've done that 3 times now. I WILL get this!
27. Finish memorizing Romans 8. It was supposed to be done for Easter. I only got to verse 5. *sigh*
28. Hit 100 blog posts written. I need to write about 2 a week to really accomplish this one.
29. This is a two part goal. Spend 1 day devoted to each child. Their own special day. Complete with pictures and writing about our day together.
30. And entire weekend with just David and I. We need this. Desperately!
As you can see from my strike throughs, I've accomplished a few. Many of them I've been chipping away at little by little! Some of them simply have to wait until summer. I'm really excited about this list.
I have a short term list of goals that I will be blogging about in the next couple days. These are things I want to accomplish by my actual birthday. I am surprised at how invigorating making goals is. Maybe you could try making one or two goals for yourself and see how you feel after you think about accomplishing these goals! Email me or let me know in the comments section! I'm excited to hear from you!