Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Reviewing My Mission

I've had a rough couple weeks.  To be quite honest, my goals have not been at the forefront of my mind.  My aching, swollen, miserable mouth has been sapping me of all my energy.  A tooth extraction that literally took away my tooth and then sucked away my life for an entire week.  

I'm not looking forward to weighing in today.  I have ate a lot of ice cream (and by the worlds standards, it was totally justifiable.)  I have ridden 25 very slow miles on my bike, but I could not go fast enough to break a sweat for a decent burn.  I am however, looking forward to hopping on the band wagon.  I still have goals.  And I still have 15 days to meet them.  

I have to be as disciplined as I can be.  Discipline---defined in my dictionary as "a huge mental hurdle than can only be overcome by reliance on Christ."  Knowing this about me, I revisited a blog post I wrote a long time ago...I wrote a loose Weightloss Mission Statement...I'm reviewing it today.  I'm committed to finding hope there and being reminded of the importance of my obedience to Christ.  As I review it, I may even end up tweaking it later on this week, but for now, I'm reading, and rereading and not looking back to what I did not accomplish last week, but rather anticipating what my obedience to Christ can accomplish this upcoming week! 

***MISSION STATMENT****


My weightloss journey is supported by the word of God, which reminds me of many biblical truths.  Jesus Christ came to earth and experienced the suffering and temptations of humanity. (Hebrews 2:18)  I can learn from the mistakes of those in Scripture who have misused food and their relationship with God (Psalm 78:12-22).  I can find strength and satisfaction from the word of God (Phil 4:13, Ps 73:26).  And I can be reminded that when I am weak, that Jesus will share my burden (Matthew 11:28-30) and that when there are times that I have not the strength to pray through a situation that the Holy Spirit will graciously help me out (Romans 8:26).  I will also remember that we are told in Romans 8:11 that the very power of the Holy Spirit that raise Christ from the dead, is available to me to help overcome this battle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment